The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (3rd Amendment) Bill, 2019 was introduced in Rajya Sabha on 11 February, 2019 by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. It was approved by Rajya Sabha on February 13, 2019.
The provision of the bill
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950 specifies the tribal communities which are considered to be Scheduled Tribes. The Bill amends Part 18 of the Order which specifies the Scheduled Tribes in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Bill inserts five entries for granting Scheduled Tribe status to these communities.
- Mishmi-Kaman (Miju Mishmi), Idu (Mishmi), Taraon (Digaru, Mishmi),
- Monpa, Memba, Sartang, Sajolang (Miji)
- Nocte, Tangsa, Tutsa, Wancho, and (v) Tai Khamti.
- The Bill removes reference to six tribes.
- Mishmi (Idu, Taroon),
- any Naga tribes, and