Everyone wants to know how to prepare for prestigious exams such as MPPSC. Aspirants also have questions such that are it mandatory to attend any MPPSC mock test series? How much time we should devote to studies, etc? . Such questions are genuine as the competition is tough and students do not want to miss their chance in clearing this exam.
- The first step of preparing for MPPSC is one has to be focused, careful, and serious while preparing for the exam and should be aware of the syllabus and pattern of the exam in detail. The prelims of the MPPSC consist of two papers out of which paper 1 is of General studies containing 100 questions of 2 marks each with no negative marking. Paper 2 is of General aptitude with 200 marks having 100 questions having 2 marks with no negative marking. It is only a qualifying paper and one has to score more than 40% can get through it.
- Usually, after 60 days from the day of prelims, the results are announced and the candidates selected for mains are displayed on the official site. Here is the list of papers that you have to give in the mains exam
- MPPSC General Studies Paper 1- Contains questions related to History and Geography subjects
- MPPSC General Studies Paper 2- Which covers polity and social issues concerning health, education, poverty, etc
- MPPSC General Studies Paper 3- Containing questions from Indian polity, Science and Technology, energy, environment, DI, and Reasoning
- MPPSC General Studies Paper 4- contains ethics and case studies paper.
- MPPSC General Studies Paper 5- This paper contains questions from general Hindi and is a test to check your proficiency in the Hindi language
- MPPSC General Studies Paper 6- Essay paper- For the preparation of this section you have to read the newspaper daily and practice 2 essays every week to learn the act of writing.
- MPPSC Interview- that contains any questions related to subjects, you’re Resume, your strengths weakness, and your views on a certain instances. In this stage, the interviewer will check your ability that how qualified you are for this particular post. There are no particular books for this round. But you can search the interview experiences of previous qualifiers and can give mock interview tests to prepare yourself.
How to prepare for prelims of MPPSC?
The best way is to start preparing for the MPPSC is to start studying NCERT books and handwritten notes. For current affairs, the internet and newspapers are the best options. You should begin your studies at least one year before the prelims exam. You will need approx 30 to 40 days to cover the syllabus of the mains exam. On the remaining days, you should try to revise your syllabus at least two times. Practice is very important in this type of exam so it is essential to join any online MPPSC mock test series. Such test series will help you to-
- Keep your current affairs updated
- Keep track of your performance
- Helps you to develop effective time management skills
- Helps to revise your syllabus
- Checks your memory power
- Reduce your fear and anxiety of the exam
IAS TARGET is a place where you can get MPPSC mock test series. The test series here are prepared by experienced faculties keeping in mind the changing pattern of the exam and the difficulty level. You will surely be a step ahead if you include such a test series in your preparation.