Ideal School or College
A school is an educational institution designed to provide learning spaces and learning environments for the teaching of students under the direction of teachers. Most countries have systems of formal education, which is commonly compulsory. In these systems, students progress through a series of schools. The names for these schools vary by country but generally include primary school for young children and secondary school for teenagers who have completed primary education. An institution where higher education is taught, is commonly called a university college or university, but these higher education institutions are usually not compulsory. An ideal school/college is an institution where learning is imparted.
Kind of learning and education which is expected from institutions:
- Education of rationality
- Education of Morality
- Education, that is more connected with the real day to day world.
- Education based on scienctific view and experiment, instead of rote learning or psuedo-science
Ownership of school
- Many schools are owned or funded by states.
- Private schools operate independently from the government.
Components of School
- Schools are organized spaces purposed for teaching and learning.
- The classrooms, where teachers teach and students learn, are of central importance
- Classrooms may be specialized for certain subjects, such as laboratory
- Classrooms for science education and workshops for industrial arts education.
In Order to achieve such novel objectives, functioning needs to be done in the following way
- The teacher student relationship should expand from a client-patron relation to one that is family like.
- Questioning and reasoning need to be incentivised and inculcated.
- To increase understanding, live/demo projects are a must. This can be done even in the absence of funds using simple day to day objects.
- Students must also be taken to trips to the local villages, so that they can see more of Gandhiji's real India, and so that they can work towards its upliftment
- The say of students and parents in schools needs to be increased.
To achieve them money is not the major requirement . Rather, it is the willingness and an openness of mind and heart to take India to the next level, via its numerous small schools