CGIAR (Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research)
|Headquarters||Montpellier, France (CGIAR Consortium of International Agricultural Research Centers)|
CGIAR research is dedicated
- To reduce rural poverty and hunger,
- Improving human health and nutrition
- Increasing food security,
- Ensuring the sustainable management of natural resources
- Enhance ecosystem resilience through top-notch quality international agricultural research, partnership and leadership.
The membership of CGIAR includes country institutions, governments, and philanthropic foundations including the USA, Canada, the UK, Germany, Switzerland, and Japan, the Ford Foundation, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the African Development Bank, the World Bank, the European Commission, the Asian Development Bank, the United Nations Development Programmes (UNDP), and the Fund of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC Fund). CGIAR receives funds from its members.
- CGIAR Fund,
- CGIAR Consortium of International Agricultural Research Centers,
- Independent Science and
- Partnership Council